Reliable Air Conditioning Repair & Installation Services in Plano, TX
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating services Plano homes and small businesses for HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance. Family owned and operated, Anthony and Cory Contreras lead a team of licensed Texas contractors for fast service and superior performance.
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating Difference
- True 24/7 Service
- Emergency AC and heating repair
- Repair and maintenance of all HVAC brands
- Competitive pricing, financing, and specials available
Air Conditioning Repair in Plano, TX
According to the Dallas News, Plano is on track to become the fourth largest city/suburb of Dallas Fort-Worth. It will add 2,000 new homes in 2015 alone. Despite many new homes with new central air systems, breakdowns still occur and can be frequent.
Common Problems with new Central AC Systems
- Improper sizing of unit to home: It’s not uncommon for an AC unit to be too small for a large, new home. Smaller units cost less for developers to install yet often aren’t large enough to cool down a home with high square footage.
- Bad wiring: Depending on the home builder and AC contractor, uncertified technicians could have installed faulty wiring which can trip the circuit breaker and is a fire hazard.
- Inadequate Testing: Many new home AC systems aren’t tested properly in respect to the entire central air system including the AC unit, air ducts, and thermostats. Inadequate testing could lead to an AC system that is set up for failure in the long run.
Common Problems with old Residential AC systems
Plano also has a large number of existing homes and businesses. Problems with old AC units are far different from new units.
- Refrigerant leaks: AC units low on refrigerant could be experiencing a leak. Realize adding more refrigerant does not solve the underlying problem. Contact Lex Air Conditioning and Heating to repair the leak and add more coolant.
- AC Fan or Compressor failure: Common with old systems, these are critical and costly parts that eventually break down. A repair could solve the issue, but it is more costly than a full AC replacement.
- Frozen inside air coil: Air coils that freeze are often caused by dirty filters or blocked air ducts. Unless your AC system is regularly being maintained, repairs and breakdowns for frozen air coils are likely to occur. Learn more about our active maintenance programs.
Contact Us Today for Heating and Air Conditioning Services
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating offers same day AC repairs and emergency AC repairs at all hours. Call us at any time, and we will come out to fix your HVAC problem. We look forward to serving your family.